Remember: turn around, don’t drown.
KINGSVILLE, Texas – via TxDOT
These are the latest road conditions in the Coastal Band. Please keep in mind that conditions can change quickly. You can find current road conditions at DriveTexas.org.
These are the roads that are reported with water over road or closures:
RELATED: Numerous showers and storms will cause flooding concerns on Wednesday
RELATED: How to Check for Road closures due to flooding
The city and the Emergency Operations Center continue to monitor the streets due to widespread showers causing flooding in the city. Here is the latest list of road closures from the city’s public works department:
Avoid these areas and keep in mind that these conditions can change quickly.
- Ayers in Tarlton
- Lipan at Cola
- Carancahua on Coopers Alley
- NPID at Leopard
- Baldwin with Agnes
- 2600 block from Morgan
- Harbor on McKinzie Rd
- IH 37 in the Carbon Plant
- HWY 286 in Holly
- Rodd Field from SPID to Holly
- IH 37 in the port
- Warriors in Haven
- IH 37 at Violet
- Fontana at Lott
- IH 69 with SH 77
Holly Road on State Highway 286
North Beach: North Shoreline Boulevard near the USS Lexington
Las Colonias subdivision: Calle San Carlos, Calle San Marcos, Call San Lucas, Calle Cuernavaca. Best access to the subdivision: Calle Las Colonias
- Barricades are erected in Old Brownsville on Airport Rd.
- SH 361 – Between PR 22 and Zahn Road (southbound lane)
- IH 69 NB Frontage Road @ 322 feet north of BS 44C (next to the outlets)
- IH 69 NB & SB Frontage Roads from County Road 44 to County Road 48 are closed. Main streets are open
- FM 1889 from 1 mile north of SH 44 to 1.75 miles south of FM 624 has water above the pavement.
- FM 666 from FM 70 to FM 665 is closed due to high water.
- The IH 37 SB on Carbon Plant Road is only on one lane due to water on the roadway.
- FM 3354 from US 77 to FM 892 has water above the roadway.
- SH 44 from BS 44C to SS 22 has water on the street.
- The SS 407 from SH 286 to 1000 feet east of SH 286 is closed due to high water.
- SH 286 from 1 mile north of FM 70 to 1 mile south of FM 2444 has water on the road.
GALLERY: The viewer submitted photos of the floods over the coastal bend
- FM 1353 closed due to flooding.
- SH 188 between IH 37 and US 77 is closed due to high water.
- FM 630 from IH 37 to SH 188 is closed due to high water.
- FM 1360 – from FM 3037 to FM 136 have water over the road in several places, signs are available and can be driven over
- FM 629 – from FM 136 to FM 1360 have water above the road in several places, signs are available and can be driven over
- FM 2511 – from FM 136 to FM 1360 have water above the road, signs are available and can be driven over
- FM 3037 – from FM 1360 to FM 629 have water above the road, signs are available and can be driven over
- SH 239 – from Dedear Street to SH 35 have water over the carriageway, signs are available and passable
- SH 35 – in Tivoli near the intersection of SH239 has water in South Bound Lane, signs and is passable, TXDOT truck with lights for traffic safety and surveillance
- FM 2678 – from FM 1360 to Mullen Bayou Creek Water on the road, signs are in place and passable, TXDOT trucks with lights for traffic safety and surveillance
- FM 136 – from FM 1257 N. from Bayside to FM 1257 S. from Bayside, water entering South Bound Shoulder near the lane, signs are present, is passable
Highway 77 at SH 141 in Kingsville
Highway 77 between Bishop and Kingsville from the viewer Mari Ybanez-Alaniz. #TurnAroundDontDrown
Posted by KIII 3 News on Wednesday May 19th, 2021
Highway 77 between Bishop and Kingsville
Roads are washed away Ricardo on 1070 County Road.
More from County Road 1070 in Ricardo (Jessica Garcia) pic.twitter.com/vP8s6Qdpio
– Haley Williams (@HaleyRhiannon) May 19, 2021
You can always check drivetexas.org for updated road conditions.
For the latest updates on Coronavirus in Coastal Bend, click here.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com: