Getting around the coastal bend can be a challenge this week due to the bad weather.
The city of Corpus Christi encourages residents to stay away from the streets as heavy rain and thunderstorms are forecast for the rest of the day.
Here is an updated list of the streets that were reported as flooded or closed according to TxDOT:
- FM 1069 from BS35 to Fuqua Street (lanes going east and west)
- BS 35 From SH 188 to Estes Road (South Lane)
- SH 361 – Between PR 22 and Zahn Road (southbound lane)
- IH 69 NB Frontage Road @ 322 feet north of BS 44C (next to the outlets)
- IH 69 NB & SB Frontage Roads from County Road 44 to County Road 48 are closed. Main streets are open
- FM 1889 from 1 mile north of SH 44 to 1.75 miles south of FM 624 has water above the pavement.
- FM 666 from FM 70 to FM 665 is closed due to high water.
- The IH 37 SB on Carbon Plant Road is only on one lane due to water on the roadway.
- FM 3354 from US 77 to FM 892 has water above the roadway.
- SH 44 from BS 44C to SS 22 has water on the street.
- The SS 407 from SH 286 to 1000 feet east of SH 286 is closed due to high water.
- SH 286 from 1 mile north of FM 70 to 1 mile south of FM 2444 has water on the road.
- Ayers Street on Tarlton Street has been closed.
- Lipan Street on Coke Street has been closed.
- Carancahua Street on Coopers Alley has been closed.
- NPID on Leopard Street has been closed.
- Baldwin Blvd on Agnes Street has closed.
- Morgan’s 2600 block was closed.
- IH 37 in the Carbon Plant has been closed.
- Highway 286 on Holly Road has been closed.
- Rodd Field from SPID to Holly has been closed.
- Port Ave on Guadalupe Street has been closed and barricaded.
- Port Ave on Prescott Street has been closed and barricaded.
- All lanes on Tarlton from Port to Ayers have been closed.
- IH 37 at Port Ave has been closed.
- Warrior at Haven Drive has been closed.
- IH 37 on Violet Road has been closed.
- Fontana Ave on Lott Ave has been closed.
- IH 69 at SH 77 was closed.
- Flooding has been reported on Tanachua Street and Brewster Street.
- Flooding has been reported on Greenwood Drive and Sherman Street.
- Barricades were erected on Old Brownsville and Airport Road.
- High levels of flooding were reported in Greenwood and Saratoga as well as in the North Beach Area
The junction of Wildcat Drive and Teague Lane and the Port Avenue exit from Interstate 37 to North Beach are currently barricaded.
Mckinzie Road and Haven Drive at the Calallen intersection are closed
- All city streets in Kingsville have been closed as many streets are covered with deep water. The state roads are also flooded.
- FM 1353 – Closed due to flooding.
- SH 188 between IH 37 and US 77 is closed due to high water.
- FM 630 from IH 37 to SH 188 is closed due to high water.
- FM 1360 – From FM 3037 to FM 136 there are several places where water is above the roadway, signs are available and can be driven over
- FM 629 – From FM 136 to FM 1360 there are several places with water above the road, signs are available and can be driven over
- FM 2511 – From FM 136 to FM 1360 have water over the lane, signs are available and can be driven over
- FM 3037 – From FM 1360 to FM 629 you have water above the road, signs are available and can be driven over
- SH 239 – Have water over the carriageway from Dedear Street to SH 35, signs are available and passable
- SH 35 – In Tivoli, near the intersection of SH239, there is water on South Bound Lane, signs are present and passable. The TXDOT truck is switched on to ensure and monitor traffic safety
- FM 2678 – Water comes on the road from FM 1360 to Mullen Bayou Creek, signs are present and passable. TXDOT truck with the lights on for traffic safety and surveillance
- FM 136 – From FM 1257 N. from Bayside to FM 1257 S. from Bayside, water is passable
This is a developing story and will be updated.
More:LIVE: Heavy thunderstorm watch in South Texas; Get the latest updates
More:Powerful storm system to meet Corpus Christi again, hundreds are still without power
Christopher Howley covers entertainment and community news in South Texas. Such reporting is supported at Caller.com/subscribe.