publisher’s Note: The point from beach to bay in the event list has been corrected.
As the coronavirus spreads in Texas and across the country, the Corpus Christi Caller-Times wants to keep you updated on the latest news in our community and state. Numerous events and locations have been closed, canceled or postponed.
Here are the latest updates:
The South Texas Botanical Gardens & Nature Center canceled the Big Bloom on April 4th.
While the garden won’t have massive plant sales, it will remain open and measures will be taken to ensure the safety of guests and workers.
– –The South Texas mosaic project has been postponed PROUD 2020 Events originally planned for June to October 2020.
-Corpus Christi Parks and Recreation has been canceled camping every Easter weekend and barbecue area reservations Labonte and West Guth Parks. All other special permits have also been revoked until further notice.
-Arise-N-Run will be postponed.
-The SkillsUSA Texas Leadership and Skills Conference is cancelled. The event was scheduled for April 2-5.
– –All programs Texas state parks have been canceled, although the parks remain open. Local state parks include Mustang Island State Park, Goose Island State Park in Rockport and Lake Corpus Christi State Park in Mathis.
– –The Rialto Theater on Aransas Pass is postponing the remaining performances of Murder on the Orient Express.
-The annual Earth Day Bay Day Event is canceled. The event was scheduled for April 4th. The Coastal Bend Bay Foundation will continue to celebrate Earth Day Bay Day through social media.
-All ranger-led programs at Padre Island National Seashore will be canceled.
-Beach to Bay Relay Marathon is originally postponed to October 10th. The run was originally scheduled for May 16, as it traditionally takes place on Armed Forces Day, the third Saturday in May.
-Buccaneer Days, including carnival and rodeo will be postponed to November. The event was originally scheduled for April 30th to May 10th.
-The Aransas County Historical Society and Rockport Center for the Arts are postponing this Presentation “Art in the Texas Governor’s Mansion” by Erika Herndon. The event was scheduled for March 26th.
-Corpus Christi red dress The event at the Solomon Ortiz Center has been postponed. The event was originally scheduled to take place on March 21st.
– –The South Texas Botanical Gardens and the Big Bloom of the Nature Center Event set for April 4th has been canceled.
-The 5th yearbook of Bend Magazine Brunch in the bay Event has been postponed. Tickets already purchased for the event will be carried over to the new date after the decision.
-The MPO Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) of Corpus Christi To meet on Thursday March 19 was canceled.
-The State of the City event, which was scheduled for Thursday, March 19, is rescheduled for later this year at the American Bank Center. All tables and sponsorships purchased for the event will be recognized by United Corpus Christi for the future date, according to the United Corpus Christi Chamber of Commerce.
-Coastal Conservation Association Banquet on Thursday, March 19th is canceled.
-Senior Officer’s Exam on Thursday, March 19th is canceled.
-Food Truck Festival Saturday, March 21st is canceled
-Pops in the park on Saturday, March 28th is canceled
-Nine High school baseball games at Whataburger Field are canceled.
-The Texas State Golden Gloves Tournament in Fort Worth has been canceled until further notice. A dozen boxers from Corpus Christi were to attend the event.
-The 2020 Texas Intercollegiate Press Association (TIPA) Congress, which took place at the Omni Hotel & Resorts this year, has been canceled as a precaution.
-The Southland conference followed the lead of other NCAA conferences and, as a precaution, canceled the men’s and women’s basketball tournaments.
-The ice rays announced Thursday that the North American Hockey League has suspended the 2019-20 NAHL season over coronavirus concerns. The IceRays were scheduled to play against Odessa in a three-game set at the American Bank Center from Friday through Sunday. It is currently unknown when the season will resume.
– Following Major League Baseball’s announcement that it will suspend spring training and delay the start of the season, Minor league baseball It was also announced that the start of the minor league season will be delayed. The Hooks were scheduled to begin their 2020 season on April 9 against Northwest Arkansas at Whataburger Field. An exhibition game between the Hooks and Round Rock Express was also scheduled for April 5th at Whataburger Field.
-Corpus Christi Animal Care Services is closed to pedestrian traffic until further notice. Adoption, care, and return services continue by appointment on 361-826-4630. The return of strays, wild animals and the handover of the owner (with the exception of the quarantine of biting animals) is suspended until further notice.
– –Lobby of the Corpus Christi Court is closed until further notice. Quotes can be paid for online or by mail.
-The South Texas Botanical Gardens and Nature Center will be closed to visitors from Friday, March 27th.
-Goodwill stores and donation stations in Corpus Christi, Alice, Beeville, Kingsville and Portland are closed until further notice.
-The Malaquite Beach Campground will be closed until further notice. This includes the garbage disposal station on the campsite. The Bird Island Basin will remain open and camping on north and south beaches is permitted.
-Waves Resort on Padre Island will be closed until summer 2021.
-The Texas Department of Public Safety closed everything Driver’s license offices in the state.
-All local Social security offices are closed for personal visits. Business is still done online and over the phone. Call 866-613-2859 or visit https://www.ssa.gov/onlineservices/.
– All branches of the Corpus Christi Public Libraries are closed from Friday, March 20th. Online resources available with a library card include eBooks, eMagazines, audio books, and reference materials at https://www.cctexas.com/library.
-All local state parks remain open but do not have public access to them Park headquarters, visitor centers and park shops. Park bathing houses remain open. Local state parks include Mustang Island State Park, Goose Island State Park in Rockport and Lake Corpus Christi State Park in Mathis.
-Portland includes the senior center, community center, sports fields and splashpads of the sports complex and city park, and the Bell / Whittington Library.
-The exchange will be closed.
-The Texas State Aquarium is closed..
-The South Texas Art Museum is closed.
-The Corpus Christi Art Center is closed.
– Wings over South Texas Air Show, originally scheduled for April 4-5 at Naval Air Station Kingsville, is canceled.
– –The Aurora Arts Theater has postponed its productions of ‘Rumors’ which opened on Friday 20th March. Auditions for upcoming productions are canceled until further notice.
– The harbor house will be dark until further notice. The theater plans to postpone its running of “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat” and its production of “Pirates and Petticoats”. Auditions for “We Will Rock You” will also be postponed.
-Corpus Christi city officials announced the closure of the American Bank Center and Whataburger Field late thursday. Both are expected to be closed until March 22nd. The following events are affected:
-The YWCA CC will be closed at the end of Sunday, March 15, 2020 and will remain closed for one week.
Nueces County Appraisal District The offices will be closed to the public from Wednesday until April 1st, but the staff will be on site. The March Appraisal Review Board hearings have been postponed. Property owners can access the rating district services and file protests by calling 361-881-9978 and leaving voicemail, on the website at nuecescad.net, or by email at [email protected]
The city of Corpus Christi announced further closings on March 19. The following shops are closed until further notice:
- Collier Pool and the Natatorum
- Oso Bay Wetlands Preserve & Learning Center
- the learning center
- Latchkey program,
- Body of Christ
- Collier Pool and Corpus Christi Natatorium
- Oso Bay Wetlands Preserve & Learning Center (the trails and playground are open daily from morning to night.)
- Corpus Christi Gym and Ben Garza Gym
- Leisure centers
- All eight senior centers (only served on the roadside Monday to Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.)
- Senior Companion Program
- Volunteer program for retirees and seniors
More:Corpus Christi Coronavirus Preparations: Find Live Updates on COVID-19 here
More:Texas Coronavirus Update: Governor Abbott declares a “disaster state” for all counties