Health inspectors targeted insects during the July inspections.
Mosquitoes, flies and weevils – a type of beetle – were found during inspections of Corpus Christi restaurants, reports show.
More than five food establishments received less than 90 points, and more than 25 received perfect points.
Mexican restaurant in Cancun, 4252 S. Alameda Street #A, Corpus Christi: The restaurant was inspected on July 23 and received an 83rd beef and chicken soup and vegetables were found at unsuitable temperatures, inspection reports show. Onions were found on the ground, food had to be covered and food handling permits had expired. According to reports, employees were also forced to wear hair and beard shackles. In March, the restaurant scored a 78.
Casa Vieja Jalisco, 9929 S. Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi: The restaurant was inspected on July 25 and received an 83rd inspection reports showing food was stored on the floor, chemicals were stored near food, and no licensed grocery manager was on duty. The ice machine had to be cleaned, food had to be dated and labeled, and employees had to wear beards, inspection reports show.
Taqueria Jalisco No. 10, 2433 Cimarron Boulevard, Corpus Christi: The restaurant was inspected on July 12 and received an 87. Mosquitos and flies were found, drink guns were kept in the ice machine, and food had to be covered and labeled, reports show. Salt and sugar containers had to be labeled and the floor drain in the bar area had to be cleaned, reports show.
Good-N-Crisp Chicken, 14601 S. Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi: The fast food restaurant was inspected on July 15 and received an 88. Inspectors found chicken stored at improper temperatures and there were flies and mosquitoes in the kitchen, reports show. The grill and racks in the refrigerator had to be cleaned, the soda behind the beverage station had to be cleaned, and staff had to wear hair clips, reports show.
Texas Flame Steakhouse, 4535 S. Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi: The steakhouse was inspected and given an 88 on July 24th. Ribs and rice were allowed to cool to room temperature, the can opener and soda nozzle needed cleaning, and staff members had to wear hair and beards, reports show. Towels were improperly stored and food had to be covered and kept six inches off the floor, reports show.
Box office 57, 5602 S. Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi: The store was inspected and received an 89th rating on July 22nd. Inspectors found weevils in flour and chemical containers stored near food. The ice chute, microwave, and refrigerator bottom shelf needed cleaning, reports show.
- Beauty Nutrition, 9922 Leopard Street, Corpus Christi
- Blue Shop, 1455 Waldron Road, Corpus Christi
- Bluffs Landing Bait & Tackle, 4242-A Laguna Shores Road, Corpus Christi
- BUS – Bar Under the Sun – Dog Option, 702 N. Chaparral Street, Corpus Christi
- Corpus Christi Firefighters Premises 936 Union Hall, 6014 Ayers Street, Corpus Christi
- Caribbean Skyline Kitchen / Starbucks Takeout, 2710 N. Shoreline Boulevard, Corpus Christi
- Cassidy’s Irish Pub, 601 N. Water Street, Corpus Christi
- Chef Kings, 249 Glasson Drive, Corpus Christi
- County K, 4502 E. Causeway Boulevard, Corpus Christi
- Coastal Confections, 3745 S. Alameda Street, Corpus Christi
- Cool Me Down Snowcones, 14617 Northwest Boulevard, Corpus Christi
- Dollar General, 9850 Leopard Street, Corpus Christi
- Dulcerias Pinkis, 2308 Horne Road, Corpus Christi
- Giddy Up Drive Thru, 118 E. 4th Street, Bishop
- Grands Gourmet Tamales, 374 NAS Drive, Corpus Christi
- Start the Labanese Grill, 3801 Saratoga Boulevard 113, Corpus Christi
- La Javita Mariscos No. 2, 9440 S. Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi
- Happy Treasures, 1101 Leopard Street, 5230 Kostoryz Suite 9, Corpus Christi
- Little Jimmy’s Italian Ice Cream, Food Truck
- Mulligans Pub, 621 N. Chaparral Street, Corpus Christi
- Murphy Oil USA, 1302 Flour Bluff Drive, Corpus Christi
- Prescott Meat Market, 4414 Prescott Street, Corpus Christi
- Pretty One Cake Co., 11101 Leopard Street Suite 1, Corpus Christi
- Waves Resort Corpus Christi with Schlitterbahn Water Park – Pour House, 14353 Commodores Drive, Corpus Christi
- Find Truth Mission, 709 Waco Street, Corpus Christi
- Snoopy’s Pier, 13313 S. Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi
- Southern Charm Event & Catering, 5385 County Road 52, Robstown
- Specifications Wholesale Alcohol, 620 Old Robstown Road, Corpus Christi
- Starbucks Coffee Co., 4022 Saratoga Boulevard, Corpus Christi
- Stripes Store, 4302 S. Alameda Street, Corpus Christi
- Subway, 2621 S. Port Avenue, 1101 Leopard Street, Corpus Christi
- Sufi Kabob, 7150 S. Padre Island Drive Suite 102, Corpus Christi
- Tea anytime, etc., 517 Everhart Road, Corpus Christi
- The Boost, 11309 Leopard Street Suite D, Corpus Christi
- The Brain Freeze, 1604 S. Staples Street Suite 114, Corpus Christi
- Tokyo Gardens Caterling LLC, 1145 Waldron Road, Corpus Christi
- Whataburger, 2402 S. Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi
More:Food inspections in the Corpus Christi area in June 2019 show good results overall, 2 out of 90
More:Does Torchy’s tacos still come on Corpus Christi?
More:Corpus Christi restaurants are featured in the chef’s award-winning Food Network documentation
Alexandria Rodriguez covers the breaking news and crime scene in South Texas. Consider supporting local journalism with a digital subscription to Caller-Times.